Summer Intern at UBS

Accountancy Banking - Investment Banking/Finance

UBS is a Top Employer

7.1/10

6.6

Carrying out whatever tasks my line manager needed help with on that day. Mostly consisted of the compilation of various reports.

The 10 weeks flew by - having imagined that it might drag, Monday to Friday went very quickly. I think this must be a sign that I enjoyed it!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

My team were very tight knit to start with but I quickly felt at home amongst them. Being taken out for lunch by the team at the start and end of my internship was a nice touch!

Any questions I had, whether big or small, were answered by my line manager and he didn't have any problems if helping me out with something.

To some extent, not very. Had I just completed what I was asked to do, I would have had lots of time just sitting around. But fortunately, I saw opportunities where I could almost 'create' work for myself and do something unexpected. This made me busier and left a better impression.

Quite a lot - compiling reports for senior management made me feel as though the work I was doing was important.

Almost all the things I learnt are going to be completely irrelevant to my final year of study. However, the skills that I picked up are undoubtedly going to be invaluable for the start of my career.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Very few offices are terribly exciting - they are places of work and the office here felt exactly like that. Neither particularly inspiring, not soul crushing!

The Campus Recruitment team had spent a lot of time making sure that the internship was well structured and this was really evident.

The individuals that took the time to develop my skills really were investing their time in me and I felt that all the way through.

I managed to secure a place on their Graduate Training Programme!

The other interns in my division were really sociable and I have made some good friends. I didn't have much contact with those interns outside it though.

Very expensive, but working in the city this is to be expected! Drinks after work aren't going to be cheap.

Again, there are plenty of places but all very expensive!

Lots of opportunities to join various groups whether it was playing poker or 5 a side football!