1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Good, got good experience of the job role and was out working with clients every day.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very valued, showed me how my work helped them and what role I had in the work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Good support, at the start had 3 days training and then was assigned a "buddy" to provide support on each job I was on.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Good amount of work to get good experience but wasn't too busy not to enjoy myself.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Got to communicate with clients and carry out work on my own. Also as I gained more experience I was given harder tasks and more responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Good communication skills working closely with clients and other co workers in the audit team. Also gives great understanding of audit and good experience so I know what I'd be doing as a graduate.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was friendly and willing to help you if needed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Arranged for all the Uk offices to meet at the start of the internship for training and then at the end for a get together for the end of the internship. Also when I first started I already had my different jobs laid out for me so I knew what I was doing each day.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Received good training at the start to enable me to use the software required and begin to understand the basics. Once I was on the job I was given more responsibility as I gained more experience.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If you perform well during the internship, it is likely you will be offered a graduate job with them.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Good social scene whenever all the interns met up for training and at the end with special nights arranged for us. Also during the internship there were social events run including a football tournament between all the UK offices.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Was out at client sites most days so depended where you were sent but if it's far away you are put up in a hotel for the required length of time.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good, office was near the main nightlife area of Glasgow so had lots of offers to go out and go for drinks after work on Fridays.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
During my internship there was a 5-a-side football tournament held between all the UK offices.