1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at BDO and couldn't imagine a better company to work for. I was made to feel welcome and supported throughout my time at the company. I had an opportunity to meet a wide range of staff and attend a variety of different clients.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I liked all my colleagues and I was made to feel at home. I think that's what makes BDO stand out above the rest, the people working there make the experience all the more enjoyable.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was assigned a buddy and a mentor for my internship which made me feel like there was always someone to talk to if I had any problems. My mentor messaged me weekly to ensure that I didn't have any issues, but i felt assured I could message him at anytime if I encountered any problems.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It depended on which client I was working for; some I felt busy all the time and others were more relaxed. If the work for the client was too complex then I was unable to offer any real assistance. For other more straight forward clients, I felt like I was busy throughout the day.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I feel like this was also dependent on which client I was working for. On more complex clients it wasn't always possible to be given responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The experience of working within a close knit team and on a variety of different clients will be invaluable going forward for the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There was a week of formal training before being sent out to our regional offices.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I couldn't imagine working for anyone else other than BDO.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
It was hard as I very rarely visited the regional office but was out on client site. But there was weekly drinks that could be attended.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?