Audit at BDO

Liverpool North West

BDO is a Top Employer

6.7/10

5.2

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at BDO and couldn't imagine a better company to work for. I was made to feel welcome and supported throughout my time at the company. I had an opportunity to meet a wide range of staff and attend a variety of different clients.

I liked all my colleagues and I was made to feel at home. I think that's what makes BDO stand out above the rest, the people working there make the experience all the more enjoyable.

I was assigned a buddy and a mentor for my internship which made me feel like there was always someone to talk to if I had any problems. My mentor messaged me weekly to ensure that I didn't have any issues, but i felt assured I could message him at anytime if I encountered any problems.

It depended on which client I was working for; some I felt busy all the time and others were more relaxed. If the work for the client was too complex then I was unable to offer any real assistance. For other more straight forward clients, I felt like I was busy throughout the day.

I feel like this was also dependent on which client I was working for. On more complex clients it wasn't always possible to be given responsibility.

The experience of working within a close knit team and on a variety of different clients will be invaluable going forward for the future.

Ha

There was a week of formal training before being sent out to our regional offices.

• There were no perks with this Internship

I couldn't imagine working for anyone else other than BDO.

It was hard as I very rarely visited the regional office but was out on client site. But there was weekly drinks that could be attended.