Summer Analyst at Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada is a Top Employer

7.3/10

7.6

5.5

Summer analyst in the RBC investment bank. Based in London.

The hours were long but the work was interesting. The team I was with was pretty small but really keen to help me learn from my time with them. I felt like although there were points during the summer when the work got tedious and a bit boring, on the whole the team made the work interesting for me.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Royal Bank of Canada

They were very nice and always willing to help me. They made it clear that my work mattered to them and often things I worked on ended up in presentations for senior management, which was pretty exciting for me.

They were brilliant at helping me, and did a really good job setting me work so that I was pretty much constantly busy.

Pretty busy, although it was variable. Some days I had to work late into the night and others I could head home mid-afternoon. It really depended on what the time was working on at the time.

A lot of my work went into presentations for senior management, so I defiantly felt like I was given a lot of responsibility.

What I learnt didn't directly affect my degree, but the skills (being organised/working hard etc) will definitely be useful back at university,

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Royal Bank of Canada

Very good. I got on well with my team and the other interns were really nice. As an intern class we got on very well.

Pretty well organised

We had a week of training before the internship, where I learnt a lot. We also had regular training sessions throughout the summer. The firm made a significant effort to invest in our development.

• There were no perks with this Internship

Got a pretty flexible offer for in two years time.

Yes, we got on very well.

It was London, so pretty high.

London... so pretty good.

Not really.