1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The environment was very welcoming and friendly, making the experience very enjoyable. Lost of social and group events were organised.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Seniors and peers value your work a lot and communicate well.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Seniors provided tailored mentorship on the job, which helps a lot when you are working on unfamiliar material. The internship also had a 1-week training course that covers basic accounting and finance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The workload was very volatile ranging from a lot of work to very little. Days can be very long if there is a mandated deal.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Was given enough responsibility to feel valued.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Very helpful in time management and analytical skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everybody works very hard, but there was a true team feeling.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Human resources and seniors were very organised, sending out calendars for all meetings and social events.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was a 1-week training program and associates gave on the job training, and lessons.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Was given a return offer which I accepted.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The other interns were all very friendly and social events were common.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Central London is very expensive relatively to the rest of England and the world.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Central London can be very lively at times.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Was quite occupied with work during the internship