Quality Management: Total Vehicle Steerer at BMW Group

Automotive Engineering Mechanical Engineering

BMW Group is a Top Employer

7.7/10

6.6

Total vehicle quality management and steerer of problems and issues. Support role to two supervisors and assist with day to day activities. Attending engineering meetings to ensure the correct changes are being made to the cars in the correct timing.
Most of my role is project based work, where I act as a sensor to identify issues on the car and collect the required data to analyse this issue and steer the problem to the correct person to rectify it.

The job was always extremely interesting and I was able to push myself to explore different pathways in the company when I wanted to.

I was not treated as an intern by any colleague at any point in time. I was respected and held to the same standard as a full time employee

I was able to work very closely with both my supervisors to support them and even take lead and control on a few of their projects.

The first month and half started off quite slowly, and consisted of shadowing people and their meetings however my day to day work is now quite busy.

I was given more responsibility than I had imagined, the last two months of my placement I was completing my own tasks and purely feeding information back to my supervisors to keep them informed. This was extremely interesting for me.

I was able to develop my communication and office based skills extremely quickly here. In addition to this I was also able to develop my creative problem solving skills as an engineer.

Lots of office based communications and events happening to stay engaged.

The set up process was extremely challenging. I recieved my contract only 3 days before starting the position. My original position was also cancelled 3 weeks prior to commencment and resulted in a month and a half process to find a new placement.

Once in the placement training and development was key. I feel the company did not hold back on supplying me with the skills I required to complete the job.

Extremely, already looking to come back for another placement.

Extremely large social group of interns. We met weekly after work in a group of 30-35 people.

Oxford is quite expensive but with the correct preperation and managing it is sufficient.

Lots of fun, always a fun and safe night out in Oxford.

Yes, I was constantly travelling to different plants or participating in out of work activities.