Total vehicle quality management and steerer of problems and issues. Support role to two supervisors and assist with day to day activities. Attending engineering meetings to ensure the correct changes are being made to the cars in the correct timing.
Most of my role is project based work, where I act as a sensor to identify issues on the car and collect the required data to analyse this issue and steer the problem to the correct person to rectify it.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The job was always extremely interesting and I was able to push myself to explore different pathways in the company when I wanted to.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was not treated as an intern by any colleague at any point in time. I was respected and held to the same standard as a full time employee
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was able to work very closely with both my supervisors to support them and even take lead and control on a few of their projects.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The first month and half started off quite slowly, and consisted of shadowing people and their meetings however my day to day work is now quite busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given more responsibility than I had imagined, the last two months of my placement I was completing my own tasks and purely feeding information back to my supervisors to keep them informed. This was extremely interesting for me.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was able to develop my communication and office based skills extremely quickly here. In addition to this I was also able to develop my creative problem solving skills as an engineer.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Lots of office based communications and events happening to stay engaged.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The set up process was extremely challenging. I recieved my contract only 3 days before starting the position. My original position was also cancelled 3 weeks prior to commencment and resulted in a month and a half process to find a new placement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Once in the placement training and development was key. I feel the company did not hold back on supplying me with the skills I required to complete the job.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Extremely, already looking to come back for another placement.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Extremely large social group of interns. We met weekly after work in a group of 30-35 people.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Oxford is quite expensive but with the correct preperation and managing it is sufficient.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Lots of fun, always a fun and safe night out in Oxford.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, I was constantly travelling to different plants or participating in out of work activities.