Application Engineer at Autodesk

Birmingham West Midlands
Electronic and Electrical Engineering Engineering Mechanical Engineering

7.5/10

7.7

Design and make a product for a child using the companies machines and software that will then be advertised on their website. A manual o the build was to be written up also.

After having hesitations with working with a primarily software producing company for over 2 months, I quickly found myself really enjoying the placement. It was hands on and I did get to use one of the more basic CNC machines and was able to make my part in real using their software for my project.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Autodesk

They were all a really great bunch of guys and were supportive of me and my work while I was there. (Artcam Department))

Since the company was being taken over at the time and building being refurbished, everyone was very busy and so although they were available to help me do my project, they couldn't give quite the full support I needed. Am sure this wouldn't be the case now.

Busy constantly pretty much without feeling overworked - project was self driven too so it's what you make it.

Using machines solo once I had been trained on them for my project that the company would then advertise on their website was a really good level of responsibility and made me feel incorporated into Autodesk.

I learnt a huge amount about electronics, programming and using CNC machines, the role of an applications engineer, and was trained on multiple software. This will be really useful for pre job experience and perhaps in my degree.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Autodesk

Friendly and very relaxed (ArtCam department but probably true of the whole company)

Shame that the refurbishments on this occasion meant that I couldn't finish my project as I didn't have access to all the machines. Apart from that was great.

They trained me well in their software and assigned me a tutor to guide me if I needed help.

Very good, Autodesk is a big company

Yes, there were several socials organised my the company and the employees within it

cheap

Heard it was good, but never went out

We went frisbee golf and a karting social was also organised.