I worked in each department within Lookers Audi, completing different tasks.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Lookers Audi were a fantastic organisation to complete my placement year with. If I could do it all over again I would!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had support from all managers within the organisation throughout my placement year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As I was working in a variety of departments within the organisation I had a lot of work to get on with, if some departmental tasks were less time consuming I could pick something else up easily.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
From organising events to implementing new processes, i was given a lot of responsibility and trusted to do it on my own
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My work ethic has greatly improved and my understanding of the importance to complete tasks on time will be beneficial in my final year of studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was always a good atmosphere, people would not walk past you without saying hello or asking how your day was no matter what department you were in. Everyone worked hard but there was always time for a chat over coffee.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My placement was relatively well organised. I feel that certain departments could have done more to prepare for me working with them and give me set tasks to do. Sometimes I was left on my own with nothing to do and told to just sit and wait which could have been for a full day. Fortunately I was able to use my own initiative to find tasks for myself.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was provided lots of training. At one point I felt I had been on every training course imaginable. I was given the opportunity to go the NLC for training and attend all Lookers inductions and training courses for new sales executives.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
this Placement Year
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am currently working part-time with Lookers whilst I complete my honours degree. I am hoping to continue working with them in the future. The opportunity and career prospects this organisation offers are limitless and I am very excited to continue my career with them.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Most work nights out are organised in advance. At the start of my placement we started a Social Committee who plan and organise all staff events. From Christmas nights out and nights out at the end of busy months there are lots on offer. As well as this quiz nights and BBQs have became really popular. Not only this but we organise charity events and events for decorating the showroom at Christmas. It is great!!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home during my placement as my house is only 15 mins away. There is free parking for all employees so it didn't cost me anything other than fuel!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Glasgow City Centre has a lot to offer and caters to everyone. As I amm from the area I know it well so did not need to discover what was available. There are lots of student nights and many many bars and clubs to chose from at the weekend!!! You can't go wrong!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
As I from the area I find it difficult to answer this, of course there are plenty of gyms and fitness/sports classes available. There are plenty of outdoor activities such as hill walking and Go Ape!