Aiding in the smooth running of the Project Management team with Atos
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I throughly enjoyed the placement with Atos, it was a rewarding experience and i am really glad i was chosen by the company to complete the year
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From the start of the placement you feel as though you are part of the team and that your work is helping your colleagues. You feel valued as a member of the company and everyone is willing to help you learn.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I feel as though i have been very lucky with my team, everyone is happy to help and the company provides extensive training for necessary and extra curricular learning.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Each day i had a range of different tasks and responsibilities to complete. The duration of these varied but the majority of my time was spent assisting my manager and the Project Management Office.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Through out the placement i was given a lot of responsibility, i started off with being given control of smaller tasks then as my experience grew i was responsible for a lot more.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills developed in the placement will stay with me for the rest of my professional life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was professional and efficient, however the majority of the team was up beat and positive making you feel welcome and not afraid to ask for help!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I was one of the first PMO placement students, so although my scheme did not follow a particular structure i worked closely with my manager to develop a scheme for future PMO interns.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I felt as though the company invested a lot into interns, there is lots of compulsory training, not just at the start of the placement but through out. There is also the option to complete extra training on subjects you may be interested in.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am currently in the process of discussion future options with the company, and i would feel very lucky to gain a position with them!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
You have to be willing to take an active role in meeting people and socialising with other interns and graduates, however everyone is very welcoming and friendly!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I worked in the Euston office, although London is expensive the atmosphere is great and i am so glad i worked in the heart of it all!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very good! So many bars and clubs to go to.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were good opportunities for interns to get involved in activities outside of work, for example i was able to get involved in graduate recruitment fairs and charity fund raising.