Helpdesk Assistant at Lubrizol

Derby East Midlands
Computer Science Information Technology

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

9.0/10

Answering phone calls and responding to emails to solve users' problems or send the problem to the relevant team for a solution. Also users may walk up and report a problem.
All problems need to be ticketed then worked on.
Also, backup tapes need to be changed weekly, new computers/equipment set up and installed. Moving phones and computers when there is an office move. Setting up equipment for new employees etc.

I really enjoyed my time with Lubrizol. It is a very friendly and supportive atmosphere to work in and has increased my knowledge and skills greatly.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Very friendly atmosphere to work in. The IS staff are very friendly, welcoming etc. The colleagues abroad are also very friendly and i got to know them well.

The supervisor was always on hand for any issues or questions. Plenty of training was given at the start of the year and this training continued throughout the year as systems and processes changed.

Helpdesk is a very busy role but you will never be bored. It is a great challenge and very rewarding when you see how much work you are getting done and how many people you are helping.

We were given a lot of responsibility for helpdesk. Also as the different teams worked with you more, if they felt you were capable and willing then they would ask you to take responsibility for other parts of the system.

Lubrizol has given me many skills for my degree, but more importanly for future jobs and even my personal life.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

The staff were very friendly in the office and very supportive. They were always there if you needed help or even just a laugh so no day was ever dull

The inverview day was very well organised, i was told of the induction day many months before and this also ran very smoothly. When i got here it was also very good as there is a 2 week handover with the previous students and plenty of training is given.

I was given a lot of training and support. Also, I have had some training from Microsoft which greatly helped with the role.

Although i would love to come back to work with Lubrizol in the IS department, from what I have seen the department already has enough staff so the requirement just isnt there at the moment.

The students all formed a group so regular invites were sent informing of nights out and activities planned.

Housing in Derby is quite cheap and easy to get so this shouldnt be a problem. There are a nice range of cheap student bars to more posh bars in the city centre.

Derby has quite a good nightlife. There are some nice bars and a couple of good clubs to go to. It also is not far from Nottingham

If you join the Sports and Social club then you regularly get emails about events from go-karting to mountain walking.