Bespoke Design Intern at BMW Group

BMW Group is a Top Employer

8.3/10

8.6

Bespoke designer

I had a wonderful time at Rolls-Royce Motorcars. I had the opportunity to work on real world projects many of which made it to production. Th team were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and willing to share their experience and skill set in order to improve my own skill set. My team working abilities and time management skills improved drastically during my internship.

My colleagues made me feel like a genuine member of the team, They were very helpful when I required assistance and were also willing to ask for help when it was required. This gave me tremendous confidence in my own abilities as a designer.

I had a weekly review with my manager to discuss any matters regarding the internship. My team leader also organised weekly meetings to ensure that the workload was being evenly distributed throughout the team members.

The work was challenging and intense at times but highly rewarding. At times I was overseeing multiple aspects of multiple projects. However support was always available when it was needed.

During my placement I was responsible for multiple projects and had complete ownership over entire cars. I was responsible for the creation of the initial visuals, overseeing alignment with the customer and also engineers to make the cars.

The skills I have developed during my internship will assist me greatly during my final year of university. I have had numerous opportunities to put my skills to the test, primarily time management and teamwork. In terms of design focused skills I have had the opportunity to use them all on real world projects which has inspired confidence in my own capabilities and application of them on future projects.

The environment itself was not ideal as there was a lack of natural light. Sketching and computer based design work was a challenge at times because of this. The members of the team were incredible, they were always willing to help ad share their knowledge and they have all become close friends.

The process was really easy and stress free from start to finish. Documents were delivered in time and communication was consistent.

I was provided with my own space in the design studio with my own dedicated work computer, tablet and drawing materials.

Very Appealing.

Yes, there were regular get togethers, member of the design studio and the company as a whole would go to the pub, watch films in the cinema and also hang out around each others houses and have BBQ's and dinner parties.

Chichester is an expensive place to live however the salary provided by Rolls-Roce was more than satisfactory to cover all living expenses.

There are lots of wonderful pubs both in Chichester itself and the surrounding countryside.

There were numerous events organised by the company during my internship.