1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I absolutely loved working in an Audi dealership, the work was challenging yet always achievable and I was working with like minded people in a busy environment. This always encouraged me to stay motivated and as a result I enjoyed coming to work everyday.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were always there when I needed help and guidance and very supportive if I ever had a problem. Any work that I helped them with, they were always very appreciative and regularly gave praise and as a result I felt very valued and I hope the feeling was mutual.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Help and guidance was always available from my manager and the vast majority of other employees as well. Any questions that I had whether it be to do with work or my university work, everyone was very quick to help me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were days when I would be extremely busy and there would be days which were a lot slower. I felt that this was due to the nature of the work and also that I did not have the experience or knowledge to complete some of the more difficult tasks without someone overlooking my work, which would not have possible for the duration of the task.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The level of responsibility that I was given throughout my placement was as a result of the experience that I gained so therefore it grew the longer I was with the company.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I can already see that what I have learnt whilst on placement has dramatically helped my understanding of the field, this has already been seen in the marks I received for my placement based module. It has provided me with a much better understanding and real life examples with which I support and contrast the theoretical studies we use in university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office its self was not that busy however working above an Audi showroom, we constantly had people coming up and down which made it a busy but enjoyable environment. It was a large office with a great dynamic with people of all ages who all got on really well, so it was a very friendly and generally great environment to work in.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My manager sat with me at the start of my placement and we discussed what I wanted out of the placement as well as what she had in mind for me to do whilst I was there. This then produced a vague plan for what I was to be doing whilst there. We regularly re-visited the plan that was made but there were plenty of things for me to do on a daily basis that I learnt so much from, things we had never considered when I started. The plan gave the placement a really good structure and as a result was very well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing, I would love to be returning when I finish my degree however due to its location I don't think this would be possible.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I was the only placement student however there was a great social scene with other colleagues.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife in the area is fantastic, being very close to the city centre it's only a short drive from lots of bars and clubs. It is a university town so there are plenty of young people around making the clubs busy on any night of the week.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Being so close to the city centre there are a huge variety of activities you could get involved with, whether thats with a group or alone, there are plenty of options.