1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my experience it gave me a valuable insight into a career which I seriously want to puruse
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt extremely included in all the projects that I was working on within my rotation.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers were always there to offer guidance and advice about projects I was working on, or proposals for new ones.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was always working on something, but sometimes my workload would significantly increase at any moment. Peaks and troughs!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given as much responsibility as I was willing to to take! My editors were always happy to guide my through the process, but also leave me to explore ideas on my own.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have learnt over the last ten weeks have been truly life changing. I have learnt more, by working here in the London news room than any journalism course could have taught me. The atmosphere of being on the front line of news was thrilling and I have honestly been inspired by the people behind the organisation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great the newsroom had a real buzz!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The organisation of the internship was fantastic, I can't fault bloomberg for their efforts.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Bloomberg was 100% committed to investing in its interns. I was given a real first hand experience into life as a journalist and felt that I fully assimilated into my team.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I absolutely would love to come back and work for bloomberg once i have finish university.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Ye, thanks to the various networking events put on by Bloomberg, I was able to make a range of social contacts across departments
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very expensive, but as I already live in London this wasn't a surprise.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great, there are plenty of bars surrounding the square mile!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Not so much, a few tours were organised, but most of the interns used their own initiative to socialize!