1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was very enjoyable, a lot of activities organized and a lot of networking events.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Bloomberg offers great support, and its employees are very attentive, helpful and supportive of interns that join their department.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager has been incredibly supportive, and has guided me throughout the internship. Always provided support and help when needed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Team gives tasks to do throughout the internship, but if everything was finished earlier, they were happy when we asked for more help we can provide. We were provided topics for presentations that we have to do at the end of the internship, which was extremely interactive and interesting.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
There was responsibility involved, as we directly contacted clients.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Skills developed are very useful. One of the most important transferable skills learned was approaching clients.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office is an incredible place, and the atmosphere is really friendly and pleasant.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was organised really well, apart from some instances when there was miscommunication between organizers.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invested a lot of time and effort in training and getting us to know the company and become part of it.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, strong social scene.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cost of living is quite high in London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?