1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed the internship at Bloomberg LP. It was very varied and given this diversification it was only rarely repetitive. The company culture is great and promotes collaboration, inclusion and hard work. It was a great experience overall, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in the financial markets.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued by my colleagues to a large extent. Almost all colleagues appreciated my work and valued the help I could give to the company as well as with their daily tasks. It was enjoyable to feel that the work I did had an effect on the firm and that it was recognized by colleagues at work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There was continuous feedback throughout the internship which was great. Through weekly catch ups etc it was easy to get feedback and see what could be improved on. Overall, these were great tips that were useful for me during the end of the internship.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I worked around 10 hours every day, taking short breaks every 2-3 hours. Overall, I was quite busy but it was an enjoyable experience so it didn't feel like too much. Compared to many other companies, it was great and the culture is impressive. Very enjoyable environment overall.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given quite a lot of responsibility given that it was an internship. It was very interesting to actually get to interact with clients and learn more about how we can help them. Overall, an incredible learning experience which gave me a lot, not only related to finance.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I acquired will be of great use especially during my career later on. I learnt about time management and many other things that will truly help me develop in the future and prepare me for a full time job. As mentioned, really interesting overall and gave me great skillsets.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was great overall. The temperature was good and everyone was positive and friendly. An exciting environment to work in as people are motivated, hard working and intelligent. This leads to interesting conversations and a greater learning experience.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The organisation of the placement was quite good overall. Given the size of the firm and the number of departments involved in the internship, it is incredible how well it worked. Sometimes there were miscommunications but in general it was clear and easy to understand what we were supposed to do.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The firm invests hugely in each employee or intern. A lot of time is spend in training which is then put into practice later. This allows for great personal development which is something I really appreciate. Great organisation that really pushes its employees to learn more and grow within or outside of the current role.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living in London is incredibly high, but it is something that is well known and hard to avoid if you want to work in the London area. Overall, it was not that bad given and the quality of the room was quite good. Depending on what you are used to, it might come across as very expensive though.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?