1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It's the second time I am doing a summer internship at Bloomberg, and I've enjoyed this experience even more than last year. I learned a lot and met some incredible people!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I had different people value me and some were people I didn't know that well, others were people worked with on a daily basis.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager and team leader were both extremely supportive all throughout the internship. I received a lot of positive and encouraging feedback but also had some negative feedback when I wasn't doing things in the most efficient way.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I always had things to do and was never bored as I assigned to a variety of different projects. However, the work load was never too overwhelming.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Event though I was an inter, I still got to talk to clients on the phone and go to client meeting. They were usually simple tasks but it still felt like I was given a fair a mount of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed communication skills and truly learned how to work collaboratively in a team, which are skills I will keep for life
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was very professional but very friendly at the same time
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The structure of the program was remarkable
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I feels as though the company invested a lot on interns, which was very encouraging
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I feel as though I did a good job and got along really well with my colleagues. I am really hoping to get an offer.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
While everything remained professional at work, colleagues were very friendly outside.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
a lot of cheap restaurants and bars around Moorgate
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?