1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My placement was an extremely valuable experience and I enjoyed it immensely. I was given a lot of responsibility which mean that I never found my placement mundane or boring. Every day was something different, and working at Warner Bros means working in one of the most exciting industries in the world.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was based in a relatively small and close-knit department. The whole department was extremely friendly and there was a noticeable environement of supportiveness. My colleagues were always happy to provide help or advice, and I felt extremely valued by my team, as well as by the wider department.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Throughout the year, I was given extensive support by my managers. They were always available to answer any questions and were extremely willing to explain things that I didn't yet have a full understanding of. My manager was fantastic in providing an in-depth understanding of the industry and of our specific field, and her door was always open if we needed any support.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My team was always busy, but this is one of the things I enjoyed about my placement. I never found that I was bored or struggling for things to do, especially as there were always multiple films to work on. This was one of my favourite things about my placement, because I was able to work on a wide variety of tasks.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given responsibility from day one, but always with enough support. As my skills developed, my manager was happy to give me more responsibility, and this is what I found so valuable about my placement. I was extremely happy with the amount of responsibility I had, especially as I always had the support of my managers behind me.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My time at Warner Bros has given me renewed determination to succeed in my degree, as I now have a much better idea of the direction I want my career to take. I have developed a wide range of skills this year, and I now feel much more prepared for the challenges of final year and beyond.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Although I worked in a relatively small department, my colleagues were a lot of fun and there was always a buoyant atmosphere in the department. The permanent members of staff were very friendly and were fantastic company. I also enjoyed working with such a large number of interns, and this added to the atmosphere in the office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
As Warner have had a formal placement scheme in place for such a long time, the placement was very well organised and I always felt that management knew what they were doing when it came to interns. There is a great training scheme in place, and managers are well used to having interns and have a great understanding of their development needs.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Warner Bros has a full and extensive training programme which is available to all interns. This training is designed with an in-depth knowledge of the needs of interns, and was extremely valuable in my development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Although there isn't a formal graduate scheme at Warner Bros, opportunities do arise and the intern pool is the first place they look when looking to employ new talent.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a fantastic social scene at Warner Bros, as there are over 50 interns at any one time. This was a lot of fun, and interns would go out for drinks every Thursday.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As Warner Bros is absed in Central London, it was quite expensive but at the same time it's a great place to be based and this more than cancels out how expensive it is.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Holborn is very central, and we often went to Covent Garden after work, which is only ten minutes away,
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Warner Bros has a lot of opportunities to socialise out of work, including a football team which meets once a week.