European Marketing Intern at Warner Bros

Marketing

8.1/10

My placement was an extremely valuable experience and I enjoyed it immensely. I was given a lot of responsibility which mean that I never found my placement mundane or boring. Every day was something different, and working at Warner Bros means working in one of the most exciting industries in the world.

I was based in a relatively small and close-knit department. The whole department was extremely friendly and there was a noticeable environement of supportiveness. My colleagues were always happy to provide help or advice, and I felt extremely valued by my team, as well as by the wider department.

Throughout the year, I was given extensive support by my managers. They were always available to answer any questions and were extremely willing to explain things that I didn't yet have a full understanding of. My manager was fantastic in providing an in-depth understanding of the industry and of our specific field, and her door was always open if we needed any support.

My team was always busy, but this is one of the things I enjoyed about my placement. I never found that I was bored or struggling for things to do, especially as there were always multiple films to work on. This was one of my favourite things about my placement, because I was able to work on a wide variety of tasks.

I was given responsibility from day one, but always with enough support. As my skills developed, my manager was happy to give me more responsibility, and this is what I found so valuable about my placement. I was extremely happy with the amount of responsibility I had, especially as I always had the support of my managers behind me.

My time at Warner Bros has given me renewed determination to succeed in my degree, as I now have a much better idea of the direction I want my career to take. I have developed a wide range of skills this year, and I now feel much more prepared for the challenges of final year and beyond.

Although I worked in a relatively small department, my colleagues were a lot of fun and there was always a buoyant atmosphere in the department. The permanent members of staff were very friendly and were fantastic company. I also enjoyed working with such a large number of interns, and this added to the atmosphere in the office.

As Warner have had a formal placement scheme in place for such a long time, the placement was very well organised and I always felt that management knew what they were doing when it came to interns. There is a great training scheme in place, and managers are well used to having interns and have a great understanding of their development needs.

Warner Bros has a full and extensive training programme which is available to all interns. This training is designed with an in-depth knowledge of the needs of interns, and was extremely valuable in my development.

Although there isn't a formal graduate scheme at Warner Bros, opportunities do arise and the intern pool is the first place they look when looking to employ new talent.

There was a fantastic social scene at Warner Bros, as there are over 50 interns at any one time. This was a lot of fun, and interns would go out for drinks every Thursday.

As Warner Bros is absed in Central London, it was quite expensive but at the same time it's a great place to be based and this more than cancels out how expensive it is.

Holborn is very central, and we often went to Covent Garden after work, which is only ten minutes away,

Warner Bros has a lot of opportunities to socialise out of work, including a football team which meets once a week.