Commercial Intern at HSBC

Worcester Nationwide
Banking - Commercial Banking/Finance Business Management Customer Service Insurance

HSBC is a Top Employer

8.7/10

7 week placement within a commercial centre. Working with clients and colleagues dealing with a range of activities.

The placement was very enjoyable! Each day something different was going on so there was always something to get involved in!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

Within the first week I was able to join in meetings with clients and voice my thoughts and opinions. There was no 'Intern' stigma as I felt like I was part of the team.

The programme itself was very well structured and there was a lot of room for independent working. The support by management and colleagues was always there if needed.

Schedules varied from day-to-day. Some days were busy, others were not, but I was rarely bored.

I had my own project to deal with and I was independently travelling the country to meet people and see other parts of the business. I was able to converse with and help clients where relevant so I think I had a good amount of responsibility from the first week!

As a Management student I was not only able to see the organisational structure and strategy of HSBC, but I was also speaking with clients who run their own businesses everyday and helping them coordinate financial packages to suit the strategy of their business.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

Everyone in the office had different schedules and were often out meeting clients. Therefore the atmosphere varied from day-to-day as some days the office was busy but others it was empty.

The planning and support by the Graduate Development team was incredible. They were always there to guide me when necessary and they fully integrated me into the company from day one.

The placement started with a two day induction, as well as further training and experience days with the interns throughout the placement. My colleagues at the office were there to help me and I also had access to the online training academy so I could learn anything necessary for the job.

I would love to work with HSBC again if given the opportunity!

Someone was always organising an event whether it be a charity event or a few drinks after work.

HSBC arranged for my placement to be in my hometown so I managed to live rent free with the family!

Worcester isn't a booming city, but it's the nightlife that I am used to and I love it!

Whether it be a networking event with clients at the rugby ground, a charity skydive or a sports team, there were many activities to get involved with!