Events Intern at Porsche

Automotive

6.7/10

6.0

5.5

Responsible for elements of Event delivery within the Porsche Experience Centre, and to work with internal teams to assist in the management and delivery of events.

My colleagues were always happy to answer questions and would always give me the chance to get involved in projects when I wanted to. Everyone also made me feel very welcome.

Although my manager was not in the office a lot, they were always on e-mail and more than happy to provide assistance, answer questions and have progress meetings. They were very encouraging and I have definitely grown in confidence since I have been here.

Some days were quite but if you wanted something to do you would always be able to find it.

I was given responsibly for my own events, from the initial enquiry through to the day of the event. Of course when I started I had less responsibility but throughout the year as I proved myself I was given more.

The skills and experiences I have learnt throughout the year have been invaluable. I have learnt practical skills and been able to apply all of the theory at from University into a work place. I had the chance to go on lots of training courses, as well as gaining real events experience.

The internship scheme has been running for a several years so there is good structured training, progress reviews and a two week hand over with the previous intern.

I had the chance to go on training courses in business areas as well as first aid. I was also given enough training to become a valued member of the team with my own responsibility.

Future employment is slim due to the low head count of business and small events team. However it has put me in a good position to apply for graduate with other car manufactures.

Due to being based at Silverstone and all of the other interns at Reading the social scene was quite limited. However I found my own group of friends in the local area.

The cost of living was reasonable, it greatly varied depending on the area you chose.

The nightlife in Northampton and MK was Ok.

There was always lots of activities going on for people who work on the Circuit. If you looked you could find them.