Responsible for elements of Event delivery within the Porsche Experience Centre, and to work with internal teams to assist in the management and delivery of events.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were always happy to answer questions and would always give me the chance to get involved in projects when I wanted to. Everyone also made me feel very welcome.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Although my manager was not in the office a lot, they were always on e-mail and more than happy to provide assistance, answer questions and have progress meetings. They were very encouraging and I have definitely grown in confidence since I have been here.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were quite but if you wanted something to do you would always be able to find it.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given responsibly for my own events, from the initial enquiry through to the day of the event. Of course when I started I had less responsibility but throughout the year as I proved myself I was given more.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills and experiences I have learnt throughout the year have been invaluable. I have learnt practical skills and been able to apply all of the theory at from University into a work place. I had the chance to go on lots of training courses, as well as gaining real events experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship scheme has been running for a several years so there is good structured training, progress reviews and a two week hand over with the previous intern.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had the chance to go on training courses in business areas as well as first aid. I was also given enough training to become a valued member of the team with my own responsibility.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Future employment is slim due to the low head count of business and small events team. However it has put me in a good position to apply for graduate with other car manufactures.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Due to being based at Silverstone and all of the other interns at Reading the social scene was quite limited. However I found my own group of friends in the local area.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living was reasonable, it greatly varied depending on the area you chose.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife in Northampton and MK was Ok.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was always lots of activities going on for people who work on the Circuit. If you looked you could find them.