Mostly database work using SQL and using Excel to produce graphs. Used Microsoft Visual Studios for the group project.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The people here are so friendly and the company is still quite small at the moment so you really can get to know everyone
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I think the work load at the beginning was not as much as I would have liked to keep me occupied but it definitely picked up by the third week and I really enjoyed the projects.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt alot of technical skills during this internship which will definitely be useful in my degree and later, though alot of it was self learning I am still grateful because I wouldn't have done it otherwise!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was what made it so nice, you can ask anyone for help and everyone is really friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
They have lots of seminars and talks scheduled during the first couple of weeks which really helps you to get to know more about the company and the other interns.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
During the first week you'll be sent on a community project which was really fun and a great bonding exercise for the interns. They also gave us a training afternoon on giving presentations which was very helpful.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They didn't really mention any future employment prospects within my department but I think they have positions in most departments on their graduate programme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There's normally people to go out for a drink with on thursday and friday nights :)
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Obivously because it was London it will be a bit expensive but we found this great place just a few minutes away from the office which does half price drinks between 5pm and 8pm (The Gable) which made things alot cheaper!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are a few things planned for the interns throughout the placement including the summer party!