1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This has been an invaluable experience and one that will definitely help me as my professional career progresses.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I feel that I was member of the team like any other full-time member of staff.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
This is where I would underline the room for improvement. I got on well with my team, however due to the very demanding nature of their work, they weren't often available for catch ups or brief meetings to guide/support me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
At the beginning I had some slow days, but as the weeks progressed I had a perfect balance. Some days I had too much work and would have to stay quite late.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had some really interesting assignments, including responsibility over thousands of pounds worth of collateral.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe I've developed a lot of transferable skills that I will be able to use and adapt during my final year at university. My time management, organisational and communication skills have all developed greatly.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great atmosphere with a variety of different characters
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Could have been better - reviews and objectives were late and meant it was hard for me to benchmark my progress
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
HR prepared an excellent interns learning programme that allowed me to learn about the different aspects of the business
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very, I would love to work for L'Oreal.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
So many interns, so always lots of new people to meet
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
quite expensive, but that is expected for London. Pay covered costs
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Really fun, lots of variety and something for everyone
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?