Finance in a management account and prices so improvement environment.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was very varied, busy, interesting and developmental. Everyone is kind and wants to see and help you develop.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Many times I entered a situation with others thinking I was a normal employee. My work was valued and colleagues always ready to assist in giving tutorials and explaining nuances.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My direct line manager was fantastic! Always ready to help and taking time out of his busy schedule to assist me in every way imaginable. Took a very close interest in organising my development and putting me in things/encouraging me to do things that would do so.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Quite busy. Shadowing, multiple projects that would last up to a couple of weeks/months, getting sent tasks by the team, using my own initiative to learn different aspects of the busines. Lots of opportunities to get stuck in.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Total responsibility in regards to self but given tasks and had full responsibility for accomplishing them however I so wished.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
A great experience indeed. So much lean red on all aspects of life. Meetings and people interaction galore, a good amount of financial tasks and large amount of shadowing and explanatory meetings.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A buzz of productivity and quite relaxed. Everyone is always ready to offer help.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Because of the nature of the role, in between two main schemes, it was quite inpressively organised. But certain things were not totally initially clear as to what I would do as part of either scheme. Turns out I had the full benefits of both! My immediate manager was perfect at organising my work.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Own initiative is key here, I had mentoring by all levels when I asked for it. My immiediage manager and the two in line managers above him were all fantastic.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is much room to move around and a good and clear progression system in role.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes there was a very pleasant camadrie amongst the other interns. They were all technical but we all went to lunch together and did extra curricular stuff outside of work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The siuth is still relatively expensive compared to elsewhere in the uk.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
In Guildford not great.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?