Finance Intern at BAE Systems

Guildford South East
Banking/Finance Business Analytics Business Management

BAE Systems is a Top Employer

7.7/10

Finance in a management account and prices so improvement environment.

It was very varied, busy, interesting and developmental. Everyone is kind and wants to see and help you develop.

Many times I entered a situation with others thinking I was a normal employee. My work was valued and colleagues always ready to assist in giving tutorials and explaining nuances.

My direct line manager was fantastic! Always ready to help and taking time out of his busy schedule to assist me in every way imaginable. Took a very close interest in organising my development and putting me in things/encouraging me to do things that would do so.

Quite busy. Shadowing, multiple projects that would last up to a couple of weeks/months, getting sent tasks by the team, using my own initiative to learn different aspects of the busines. Lots of opportunities to get stuck in.

Total responsibility in regards to self but given tasks and had full responsibility for accomplishing them however I so wished.

A great experience indeed. So much lean red on all aspects of life. Meetings and people interaction galore, a good amount of financial tasks and large amount of shadowing and explanatory meetings.

A buzz of productivity and quite relaxed. Everyone is always ready to offer help.

Because of the nature of the role, in between two main schemes, it was quite inpressively organised. But certain things were not totally initially clear as to what I would do as part of either scheme. Turns out I had the full benefits of both! My immediate manager was perfect at organising my work.

Own initiative is key here, I had mentoring by all levels when I asked for it. My immiediage manager and the two in line managers above him were all fantastic.

There is much room to move around and a good and clear progression system in role.

Yes there was a very pleasant camadrie amongst the other interns. They were all technical but we all went to lunch together and did extra curricular stuff outside of work.

The siuth is still relatively expensive compared to elsewhere in the uk.

In Guildford not great.

Some but not a ridiculous amount.