1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Doing a placement year at TUI was amazing, you are given so much responsibility and treated as a real member of the team. There is a placement team who spend so much time on your development which is really beneficial.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Working at TUI for my placement year I was treated as a member of the team from the first day, people are really welcoming and helpful all the time. You are given a lot of responsibility and do things that impact the business.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
You have regular meetings with your manager where you discuss areas for improvement and things that you do well. This is very useful as they give you advice on how to work on the areas for improvement.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Most of the time it is a perfect balance, however periods are busier than others- which is expected.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
You are given so much responsibility as a placement student and are truly able to make decisions that influence the company which is amazing considering how large it is!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe that I have learnt skills from my placement year with TUI that will stay with me for life! As well as learning so much about the role and the travel industry I have also learnt so much about myself and personal development. The training you receive is amazing!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere is the office is really good, everyone is enthusiastic about what they are doing and it does reflect the holiday environment!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement set up is amazing! You have a real job and also have regular placement meetings and projects within a placement team which allow you to work on things outside of your day to day roles. I honestly couldn't recommend it enough!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
TUI are really good in personal development and allow you to take part in any training courses that you wish to participate in! They encourage you to get involved in things outside of your day to day role which is fantastic.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are so many options for future employment within the company which is really good!!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
It's so nice having other people on the placement scheme as it allows you to make friends for life!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Luton is a pretty low cost area to live in considering how close it is to London!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Luton isn't known for its nightlife but St Albans and Harpenden are close with lots of bars and clubs. Also, London is really close too!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
TUI is a really social company and there is a team dedicated to organising events for the company so often had events outside of work!