Change & IT Digital at Standard Life Aberdeen

Banking/Finance Business Analytics Computer and Systems Engineering

8.5/10

8.6

Worked on the My life savings part of Standard Lifes digital team

I got to do interesting things during my placement. It was 10 weeks and there was never a moment I had nothing to do

Right from the start I was made to feel like a member of the team and not just an intern

If I had any questions my team were happy to help me. They also assisted during the set up

There was the odd day were there wasn't much needing done but for the majority of the time I was kept busy.

I was given access to folders and servers the same as any other member of my team.

I have learned just as much in the 10 weeks I've worked at Standard Life than I did in my 4 years at university.

The atmosphere is very welcoming and friendly. Everyone is in casual clothing and there are always people around you.

My team had a clear plan for what they wanted me to do during my 10 weeks. It felt like they had planned in advance.

I was sent to different departments to learn 1:1 how to do things I had never done before. The company spent time teaching me how to use the applications we use.

If all goes well you can get offered the graduate program, so when you go back on your final year the job will be waiting for you

If you live outside of Edinburgh you are put up in accommodation with all the other interns. This was a great opportunity to socialize. By the later weeks you do form your own group of pals, as obviously not everyone is the same.

Accommodation was free, which was amazing. Edinburgh is not that expensive compared to places down South, which is good.

Nightlife is unreal, especially if you are there during the summer, as the fringe is on the whole of August.

most of the activities outside of work were organised by the interns, but there was enough of us that this wasn't an issue. We all socialized daily