1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Enjoyed the internship to a large extent. Given real responsibility since day 1. I am also given the freedom to undertake the type of work I want to do for my project, the freedom to contact any of the stakeholders involved. The people are quite nice as well. Most of the colleagues in Shell are willing to offer help if you ask for it.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The colleagues in direct team were very nice, they value your inputs as well as any work that you had done for the team. However, less can be said about the local teams. Some of the colleagues in the local team do not treat interns seriously from the few encounter with them.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There were suitable amount of support given my the supervisor whenever I needed it. However, there are unsure of the assessment process or the criteria.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I am pretty much quite busy everyday. As I was working on two projects, it was a mad rush trying to complete them on time. On top of that time has to be set aside for relationship building with colleagues and other parts of people from Shell.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Developed communication skills as well as time management skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone is pretty busy. There a lot of talking on the phone so it is never quiet, which is great because it keeps you on the move.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The scope of the projects were not well defined. It was too wide in my case, making the project impossible to finish
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There are trainings online which you can learn by yourself at your own time.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?