Digital Publisher at Standard Life Aberdeen

edinburgh Scotland
Computer Science Design E-Business Media

8.7/10

building webpages and editing content

The placement was rewarding, challenging and has set me up very well if i return to the company in a years time for the gradscheme.

i felt like every skill that i learnt and every peice of work i done was acknowleged

i was given the freedom to get on with my own work without guidance but help was always easily obtainable when needed

luckily for me in my particular placement i could pick up my own work so the balance was good but sometimes it piled up.

i was responsible for editing many of the companies live websites so i feel i was given huge responsibility

the coding experience and project management experience will help me plan my dissertation and use matlab at university

the office was pretty quiet but due to teh nature of the work i had my headphones in most the time anyway.

was organisede very well i never felt forgotten about or lost

we got to do lots of extra activities outwith our placements that gave us extra exposure to using different skillsets

the general freindliness of staff and company culture are second to none

we went out all together at least twice a week .

it wa sexpensive but i have lived in the city for 8 years so i wa sused to it. the accomodation was paid for for most interns for the summer.

edinburgh nightlife is great especially during the festival

we had a dedicated social comitte arranging events for the interns