Interacting with customers, devising and advising on the best golf packages for them, problem solving, organising all details of thier golf breaks.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The overall satisfaction was pleasing, however certain colleagues whose behaviour towards me was disciplined, dealing with complaints and being forced to move into a different department was difficult. Personal issues interferred with the experience which made it a year of pressure and stress.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Certain members of the team were great to work with, however others made it incredibly difficult. The intention was there to enjoy working with colleagues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Very supportive and helpful when advice was required.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Under incredible pressure during peak season to the extent that we were completely over worked which contrasted to low season when we did not have a lot to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Each member of the team was incredibly important and forefronted the business.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I value the experience I had and have learnt a great deal from it.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was a good buzz when work was under control and the team was being successful, however there were times when it was very segregated and miserable.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The company take on a lot of placements and so it is excellently run.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I recieved a great deal of training and support. I also went on external courses.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I did not find the work challenging enough or exciting enough to go back. There is not a wide aspect for promotion.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were lots of placement students to get along with and socialise with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The area is an expensive area to live and go out in. Commuting is difficult due to the traffic volume.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There were a few nice bars but a limited selection of clubs which were incredibly sleazy.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was a wide opportunity to play golf and I think a few other sports.