9.6/10

204 reviews

• About You
  • The Organisation
  • Everything Else

Trainee solicitor en route to qualification

2. I really enjoyed my time at Shoosmiths. I felt very included in the team and was given real work to complete.

3. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
  4. I felt very valued and the team made a real effort to keep me busy and to give me real work. Everyone was so friendly and nice.

5. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
  6. Lots of guidance! I was being mentored by the trainee in the team but there were partners on hand to mingle with and chat to who were very approachable and friendly.

7. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  8. Very useful! I learnt the importance of attention to detail and to structure everything.

10. Great- we were given a mini project to work on all week that culminated in a presentation at the end.

12. Very relaxed and approachable. The feel of a firm that was very friendly and puts emphasis on brand and work life balance along side great quality work and clients.

13. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  14. Lots there is a big emphasis on training and learning and development. The supervision has been great.

15. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
  16. It was a great taster of what life could be like at Shoosmiths.

17. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
  18. It was very helpful. The brand is so strong at Shoosmiths and it has been very useful to make me see that I want to work somewhere like that.

19. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
  20. It was very useful and made me feel motivated.

21. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
  22. £250 per week

23. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
  24. Yes there were lots of social events, including a New Friday event and a lunch with the trainees.

26. Lunch with the trainees was great fun and a great way to pick their brains.

27. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
  28. Shoosmiths encourages people to volunteer and get involved with extra curriculars.

30. Yes definitely!