Seisimic Processing Intern at Schlumberger

Gatwick South East
Science/Research

7.5/10

I've really enjoyed my internship and having a wide variety of things to do.

I felt like I was making a proper contribution to the team especially when some of my presentations and work were shown and used with clients

My buddys gave me a lot of support and guidance although I didn't have much contact with my manager

I was generally busy although there was periods when I didn't have much to do although this seemed to coincide with times when there wasn't much for the team to do in general.

I felt a reasonable level of responsibility as I could see that the company really takes pride in what it does well and a lot of my work was being presented to the client

I think what I've learnt will really make me appreciate the data I use in my degree and how much work goes into producing it. I don't think the knowledge I've learned will help me directly with my modules as they are less related however it will really help me if I were to get a job in this field.

It's a lot quieter than I expected but everyone seems really friendly and happy to help.

The staff in the office didn't know we were coming until the week before so had no time to prepare anything for us. They also seemed to know nothing about a mid internship review or end of internship presentation mainly down to a lack of communication from HR/Recruiting I think. They tried their best to accommodate us however.

I think they've invested a lot in me by teaching me and giving me exposure to the company and its software. I've also learnt a lot more about the company and how it would be to work there.

I would be very interested in continuing with the company as I've really enjoyed my time here and they seem like a really good company to work for.

Yes as five of us were staying in the same accommodation so it was easy to meet up with them in the evenings.

Pretty standard, no more or less to what I was expecting/used to

I didn't go out in the week and most weekends I went away, either home or to visit people so I didn't really experience it

Yes there were several sports clubs around and other activities