1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I've really enjoyed my internship and having a wide variety of things to do.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt like I was making a proper contribution to the team especially when some of my presentations and work were shown and used with clients
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My buddys gave me a lot of support and guidance although I didn't have much contact with my manager
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was generally busy although there was periods when I didn't have much to do although this seemed to coincide with times when there wasn't much for the team to do in general.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt a reasonable level of responsibility as I could see that the company really takes pride in what it does well and a lot of my work was being presented to the client
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think what I've learnt will really make me appreciate the data I use in my degree and how much work goes into producing it. I don't think the knowledge I've learned will help me directly with my modules as they are less related however it will really help me if I were to get a job in this field.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It's a lot quieter than I expected but everyone seems really friendly and happy to help.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The staff in the office didn't know we were coming until the week before so had no time to prepare anything for us. They also seemed to know nothing about a mid internship review or end of internship presentation mainly down to a lack of communication from HR/Recruiting I think. They tried their best to accommodate us however.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I think they've invested a lot in me by teaching me and giving me exposure to the company and its software. I've also learnt a lot more about the company and how it would be to work there.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would be very interested in continuing with the company as I've really enjoyed my time here and they seem like a really good company to work for.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes as five of us were staying in the same accommodation so it was easy to meet up with them in the evenings.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Pretty standard, no more or less to what I was expecting/used to
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I didn't go out in the week and most weekends I went away, either home or to visit people so I didn't really experience it
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes there were several sports clubs around and other activities