Commercial Co-Ordinator/Market Research at Prysmian Group

Wrexham Wales
Marketing Sales

8.4/10

7.4

Preparation of customer quotations, supporting the commercial team on sales and business analysis, maintaining the company website, producing company literature, market research.

I enjoyed every minute of my time at Prysmian. I couldn't have wished for a better company to have spent my placement with.

Right through my 12 months with Prysmian I was treated like a full time employee.

During my first few weeks there was a hand over period with the student I was replacing. During this time I received extensive training from the previous student which set me up the get the most out of my placement year. throughout my placement I received guidance from my mentor and was encouraged to ask for help if I felt I needed support.

I was busy on a daily basis, I had several marketing commitments and monthly tasks to complete if it was a slow day in the commercial department.

I had the sole responsibility of maintaining the company's website and uploading new content. I was dealing with long established customers on a daily basis sending high value quotations. I represented the company at a railway expedition in the Excel area, London.

I was able to increase on my business & commercial knowledge. I will also be able to take the experience of maintaining a company website forward in my studies and future employment. I now feel I am proficient in SAP and Microsoft office which should make me more employable moving forward.

Relaxed atmosphere with regular quizzes at lunch time. However everyone was professional throughout the office.

Well organised and I was able to get everything out of the placement that I wanted.

In my first few weeks I received extensive training from the previous student. I was sent on several product training sessions, sent on a website training course and was asked to represent the company at a rail exhibition. I also had the opportunity to visit the company's UK headquarters in Southampton.

No positions available in the Wrexham commercial department unless any full time employees leave the company. There is a a graduate scheme which involves two years away from the UK.

Very good social scene with various meals out, trips to the cinema and recently went to Chester races for the day,

I lived at home during my placement year however the Wrexham night out was relatively cheap compared to other areas in the UK.

Only did a couple nights out in Wrexham where all the venues are close together. Most of the socialising was done in Chester which was always a fun night out.

Five a side football on a weekly basis. One of the other students learnt Spanish at the Glyndwr (Wrexham) university.