Collecting data, analysing and reporting about airline and travel agent performance
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Enjoyed the job role and great colleagues in my team (Sales Strategy and Operations)
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The work you do is vital towards the team and departments aims
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Very support full and were able to go to them for any help I required
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very busy on a daily basis but good busy if you enjoy the role and not often too busy to say that it was stressful
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
In the first month you takeover critical reports for your team so you do have a lot of responsibility but again you can get a lot of help if you find yourself stuck or if you need any help
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
They run a few workshops on help for finding jobs for the future, Cv and interview skills and future management skills. This is as well as the excel skills and soft skills you develop along the way
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A friendly tone to the office and no tension or anything bad - maybe rather serious more than some people would like however still a positive score
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was rather organised however this year and prievious years the finance placements had more organisation to it, however they are looking to improve this as of the current year and most likely will be much better for interns joining in 2017/18
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They do set up workshops for you and many of the HR team will take time out of their day to teach us about employability skills a few times in the whole placement
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They do not offer grad schemes however a few interns have rejoined after uni and they use us former interns as a first point of contact when an opportunity arises
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Made a few very good friends that we had a holiday together and often we would have dinner or a few drinks usually weekly
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living in Slough is fairly expensive for what it is. Windsor is like London prices for drinks and Slough is not the most appealing area, however if you'd want to go into London the train to Paddington is fairly cheap and very quick
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Windsor is the local place for nightlife and is not the greatest at all for nightlife. Windsor is like London prices for drinks and Slough is not the most appealing area, however if you'd want to go into London the train to Paddington is fairly cheap and very quick
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There's a 5aside football game every Tuesday night and some of us interns would play squash after work on Wednesdays