Public Relations Intern at Go Abroad China

Public Relations

7.2/10

7.3
6.4

My internship allowed me to experience China for myself, so many people have written about China and I've seen thousands of pictures and stories, then I finally got the chance to go.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Go Abroad China

My colleagues were helpful especially in the beginning right after I arrived for my internship, and because I have a level 2 Chinese, in my free time I would practice with them

My supervisor gave me my daily tasks. I also reported to her every morning, which was very embarrassing the couple of times I was late for work.

I worked full time like my other coworkers, 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday

I was working in a public relations company. Our clients were other companies that needed to reach better markets, that were also trying to get more client relations and improve their business. I was involved in that daily, sometimes it would be joining the research team, other times it would be maintaining communication with clients.

To communicate better with clients, to meet deadlines (that's a big one), time management, keeping clients happy etc

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Go Abroad China

Most days it was really friendly and good, but it got stressful when people were trying to meet deadlines.

I felt like it was fairly well organised, GAC people picked me up from the airport in Beijing and I relied on them whenever I needed advise about travelling, shopping, something in my apartment, stuff like that.

I do feel like my communication skills have gotten better just because I was exposed to a different culture and way of doing things and the work environment.

I already completed my internship, but unfortunately I didn't get a long term contract.

Yes my colleagues were really friendly, but I also got to meet other people who also signed with Go Abroad China and were also doing different internships. We did a calligraphy class together, then shopping and sight seeing in Beijing.

China is actually not as cheap as people suggest, at least for me it was a bit costly. GAC already includes rent so you do not need to pay that, but you do need to bring extra money for electricity or water.

Beijing nightlife is really great, whether you want the loud nightclubs or jazz bars, raggae bars or other types of live music, they are all there.

Yes the weekends were usually the only times I socialised.