Project Accountant at BAE Systems

Telford West Midlands

BAE Systems is a Top Employer

8.0/10

6.5

It was extremely enjoyable and I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in Finance or Accounting. I was doing different thinks on a daily basis and felt challenged.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BAE Systems

I felt as though I was seen as part of the team even though I was only their for 12 weeks. I was made to feel very welcome right from the start.

The support has been their from day one. I never felt like my questions were seen as silly and if I had any questions on the company one of my mangers was always happy to explain.

At the start as with every job I was very busy was there are lots of new things to learn about the company and the soft wear which they use. By week 4 I felt like I wasn't overworked to the point where I was really stressed but wasn't bored waiting for things to do. I think the balance was just about right where it still motivates me to complete my work on time and to the right quality.

I felt as though I was given quiet a lot of responsibility, more than one would have expected. Though that is comparing to my peers who have had work experiences having much less responsibility. I do believe that it is the right about as there is support when I require it but if not I am left to complete what is required.

I believe that the skills that I have learn so far will be extremely useful. I am not sure to what extent it will help with my degree due to the way my university examines (Keele) however I will now know where the numbers I have and will be using have come from. I think for getting a job it is the best thing I could have done as I now know to quiet a good extent how to use SAP and how businesses actually work in practice. I would recommend to anyone wishing to go into finance or accounting to apply for the 12 week finance summer internship. If you are studying something else then I would see what other opportunities BAE offer as I think that it is a great company to work for.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BAE Systems

I think that it was a nice calm atmosphere. With the right balance between socialising and getting your work done.

I think that it was well organised and there was a plan for what I was going to do from even before starting the job. I got to come in a week before for the morning to meet the team which was very comforting and made me much less anxious on the role.

In my eyes the training and development is what drew me to the role. The graduate schemes look amazing for all aspects of the company and from what I have learn in four weeks I'm sure I will get a lot out of the job. Many people spent time out answering my queries and training me from the start.

I would love to be able to get offered the Graduate job for the FLDP (Finance leader development programme) as the training opportunities look extremely appealing.

Yes as lots of my colleges are similar ages to me.

I am not too sure as I don't live in the local area

I am not sure as I don't live in the area

There are quiet a few, such as the Big Build where all of the apprentices when to Bristol for a few days to help design and build a play area for the less fortunate,