-Finance coordination for Customer Services
-Organisation of our internal fleet of 70 vehicles
-Editor of our internal knowledge retention website for our two contact centres
-Work closely with two contact centres to help answer queries and update processes
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement year. I was given lots of responsibility and I feel I have gained lots of transferable skills. I was able to keep developing the role over the year. My role was very cross functional which helped me understand how each department fits together. I always had to be very flexible and adaptable because it was such fast paced department and industry.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues. I was in a very small team of four but we worked very closely with two contact centres. Everybody was lovely and always willing to answer questions and help each other.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had weekly catch-up with my line manager which were really beneficial. The time allowed me to ask more questions and gain feedback on how I could improve. I also had quarterly in depth reviews which allowed me to gain a better understanding of what I was doing well and what I could do better.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was very busy, my department was very fast paced and I was constantly having to reprioritise what I was doing. I had my normal role and then I was also working on some projects and I was taking on lots of ad hoc tasks.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given lots of responsibility. I was responsible for the organisation of 70 vehicles in one of our internal fleets and I was the sole editor of an internal website for both contact centres for knowledge retention.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I gained lots of transferable skills and attended some training sessions. I do feel the skills I have learned will be very useful for my final year of University.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
You always got the feeling that everybody was working very hard but everyone was always willing to help and answer questions. The office was open plan so it was very easy to just walk up to anyone.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was organised very well. The organisation is still being improved each year for the placement students so they can get the most out of the experience.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I do feel the company invested in me, I attended a couple of training sessions and I got a chance to visit NMUK and Lutterworth.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Near the end of the placement there was a opportunity to apply for the Graduate Scheme. The assessment included two presentations, following which I was very pleased to be offered a provisional place on the Graduate Scheme. I am really looking forward to returning to Nissan after my final year of University.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were 8 placement students and we also got on very well with the Graduates. We all made our own arrangements for some group meals and nights out.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived in a student house near Brunel University with some of the other placement students which was no more expensive than University living. London was very expensive for socialising but the other options were Uxbridge and Watford.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There was very limited nightlife in Maple Cross / Rickmansworth, however this didn’t matter because Uxbridge, Watford and London were close by.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We had a Sports and Social Society which put on various events. We also had a couple of sports teams and got to go to O2 events.