Industrial Placement Engineer at Network Rail

Milton Keynes South East
Design Mechanical Engineering

7.9/10

7.6

I enjoyed my work placement very much, as there was always a wide variety of things to do every day.

I felt very valued, the other colleagues were always there whenever I needed help with stuff and always had time for placement students.

Whenever I had a query or needed guidance the management and chief engineers always made sure that we had the right support and guidance.

On a daily basis there was a lot of different things that one could chose from to dealing with S&C (switches & crosses) or with track geometry.

For parts wherever I felt comfortable enough to take a lead role I would ask my manager, but if my manager thought that I could be trusted then he would also give me more responsibility.

I learned a wide variety of skills which can be used in many different areas, and skills that will also help me in my studies afterwards.

General atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly.

Quite well organised, could be better.

The company invested a lot into me so I could further my training and personal development.

Very appealing.

There were regular events where the other students/ graduates would meet up so a very sociable company.

Cost of living and socializing in Milton Keynes was average.

Nightlife was very poor.

There were numerous opportunists to get involved in outside activities.