Account Management Specialist at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Bracknell South East
Accountancy Administration/Secretarial Business Analytics Marketing

8.7/10

This role sits within the Installed Base department, and I managed the end to end contract process for large corporate accounts within the Technology Services Business Unit. I had responsibility for accounts such as Samsung, AON and Deloitte. These accounts have an annual value of approximately £2million.

It has been an excellent experience. I've had a thoroughly enjoyable time, whilst taking on real responsibility, and using every possible opportunity to network.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

I feel as though my work is highly appreciated by my colleagues. The job role isn't a 'typical' intern role, it comes with pressure and business impact. Therefore, it's important to work hard and get the work done to a high standard. This is definitely appreciated when done correctly.

I had monthly one-to-one meetings with my manager to discuss any problems or uncertainties that I may have. We'd also use this time to plan my next development steps, and find new opportunities for me within the company.

I always had something to do. Some days were busier than others, but I think that's the same with the majority of jobs. If I was quiet, I could always find something to help a colleague with.

I managed an account set which included Samsung, AON and Deloitte, with an annual value of approximately £2million.

I am very happy with my development whilst on my placement year. I have improved on many key transferrable skills. I feel much more confident with tackling my final year at University, and any future roles I may apply for.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

The atmosphere in the office was good. Some days were quieter than others, because my team have the option to work from home. I liked the freedom we were allowed.

Very well organised. I had a month long handover period with the previous intern, and therefore I felt very prepared for the year ahead. The company were very helpful also.

I was enrolled onto a FastTrack Development program, on which I improved on many key skills.

Very appealing. I have been able to explore many different departments within the company, and I find them all very interesting.

There was a very good social scene amongst the interns. We had regular events, summer and Christmas Balls, and I was involved in the intern football team. There is 80ish interns, so there was always something going on.

Prices in Reading are quite similar to all of the South East. Costs were as I expected.

The nightlife was good. Reading has a good selection of bars/clubs.

Yes. I was involved in the intern football team.