Test Strategist at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

5.6

5.2

-Tasks were mainly given out to me as part of a Scrum Team with 2 week sprints
-3D Process derived from the 8 Disciplines process for corrective action
-Automation metrics to display R.O.I. in relation to automating manual tests to save time

I think my internship was brilliant, i got a lot out of it which will help me in my final year of studies at University.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Everyone was helpful & lovely to work with. They treat you like Adults and the expectations are there. You are contributing to something that's affecting the company as a whole.

I think my managers provided brilliant support throughout my time here. I had a weekly 1:1 meetings with both my managers to discuss my current work and how i am getting on with it. This truly helped me with workload and settings goals.

I think i was very busy throughout my internship & there were many many occasions at which i had to drop some tasks due to work overload. I was doing work for 3 different teams/people and so i was given tasks that would occupy a lot of my time and stopped me from working on other tasks that had a shorter deadline. The estimation of workload and time required to complete it was underestimated which led to further complications half way through a sprint team (2 weeks)

Every tasks i did affected the company as a whole and so i had to work had to make correct choices/decisions to complete tasks in timely fashion.

My internship was not very 'T-shaped'. There was a lot of depth but not breadth in the tasks given to me. It provided me with a lot of skills, knowledge and experience in DEPTH in tasks that were given to me. It did not provide the WIDTH of giving me tasks that will help me in all areas for my studies or for after graduating.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Lovely atmosphere, there was always sport activities & charity events such as cake sales etc. going on.

Very badly, being the person that took over the job of preparing for the new set of interns starting once i left, i witnessed the process first hand.
-People were hired because of lack of applications due to lack of advertising. I ended up attending universities and spreading word to my university to get more applications in.
-Preparations for start date/time were not handled and i took the matter in my own hands to contact each new intern individually in relation to moving out to Bristol & any questions they had in relation to their first day.
-The recruitment process was bad, H.R. did not even advertise to intern 13 month position and it was only notified after i noticed and informed the correct people about it.
-Preparations for kit & equipment was really bad since it took a week to set up everything and download/install the correct software programs etc.

I think the company provided numerous 'Personal Development' days in which you stop the work you're doing and take the whole day to learn something new. These were quite beneficial. I think the company could have invested more in me by giving me more variety of tasks BUT ALSO supporting me with it and not just tasks that i already know how to do.

Neutral feeling.

Yes, coffee breaks and food events were brilliant

Bristol is expensive, travel is expensive, rent is expensive as a student you have no chance of living comfortably with your pay unless you manage your money correctly & efficiently.

It was not too bad, 2 universities, lots of students at your age, and many clubs in the city centre.

Yes, there were many, but activities that were part of Hewlett Packard Enterprise in a different location such as London, had to be self-funded. As an intern with the pay you get, that's ridiculous, how can one make use of the opportunities if the interns can't afford to attend it.

Besides that matter, every other opportunity available within the site was brilliant.