Business Systems Analyst Intern at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Erskine, Glasgow Scotland
Business Analytics Charity/Non Profit Customer Service Internet/e-Commerce/New Media Voluntary

8.5/10

5.5

For the duration of my placement I will be working within Global Support Delivery Supply Chain (GSDSC), operating in the Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) region of HPE and more specifically within GSDSC EMEA Strategy and Business Operations team.

HP Global Support Delivery is relying on this team to support their customers and partners. GSD SC is a spare parts organisation that handles over 7.2 Million spare part events annually to contract support and direct business within EMEA
GSD SC mission on a daily basis is to ensure that the Right Part is at the Right Place, at the Right Time and Right Cost.

My Roles and Responsibilities as an Intern are:

- Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting on several SharePoint sites
- Ownership of several SharePoint Sites
- Bi Weekly EMEA PMT Update's
- Regional Field Lead (Backup) for Master Data
- Assisting on team projects
- Implemented a new holiday procedure for contracted staff
- Provided training on new SharePoint systems to staff

- Point of Contact (POC) for all other Interns for any issues/problems
- Work Experience Programme coordinator between Graduates and Interns
- Onsite Charity Event Organiser (shared role)

- Volunteering on the Erskine Woman's Network Leadership team and most recently as Interim Communications Lead, enabling me to become part of the core UK Woman's Network team.

Out of all the jobs both part and full time, this year at HPE has been outstanding. The variety in the internship program is incredible allowing you to try different aspects of the business and truly find what you are good at. The volunteering and networking opportunities are second to none.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

From day one I was treated as full employee, with no 'intern' mundane tasks purely because of my title. I was accepted as part of my team and into the wider organisation, and able to make real contributions to meetings and projects.

There were weekly one to one's with my manager , monthly team meetings and a mentoring program at hand if you wished. All staff were extremely helpful and no piece of help or advice was a burden to them

My specific job role varied in peaks and troughs, however thanks to the ample selection of ERG's and volunteering opportunities onsite there was never a moment I was 'twiddling my thumbs'. Combined with the extensive online learning catalogue for continuous improvement ; you could never not be busy !

I was given genuine responsibility from the get go by having ownership of SharePoint's and projects. This was built upon as the year progressed with event management, projects and charity work all being added into my job role.

The skills and training that I have gained and enhanced this year will be so important for going back to my final year. Having the experience of team work, problems solving and deadlines in a real industry environment will give me invaluable knowledge to take to university, and life.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

The atmosphere in my particular office is good. There is no animosity or dull periods, everyone is friendly and easy to get along with. With the work still being achieved to an excellent standard there is always time for some chocolate and a joke or two !

In my particular section ( GSD SC) there is a great plan in place for intern to follow. There is an on boarding pack, meetings, mentoring and an onsite Intern co0ordinator for any help or assistance.

There are so many training courses available online via the intranet, the company actively encourage to participate in these for self development. I managed to attend a few Face to face training courses and also had help and advice from surrounding colleagues.

With positions opening up in most departments and a fantastic graduate scheme in place ( which the internship leads onto) I would say the future employment prospects are very good. The company wants to bring back good talent, and people who they have invested time in.

The interns had many nights out and social activites on site. These were sometimes inwith the office, or with the graduate's.

The Erskine site is in a remote area with not much around. You would need to travel to the nearest town or Glasgow City centre to enjoy night life. The scenery around the site is beautiful .

Not Applicable for the specific site.

There was always something happening that you could get involved in.