Security Products, Sales Enablement Intern at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Bracknell South West
E-Business Education/Teaching Information Technology

7.7/10

7.4

Organise quarterly training events for New Hires into the Security Products Sales team. Ensure all the sales team are updated with new products and version updates. Work closely with the training and education team.

I had a slow start in my role, then i was able to get support from various areas of the business. So i could progress into a role that suited me. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at HPE, great opportunities outside of your role too.

Great colleagues. Didnt feel like an intern at all. I was given huge amounts of responsibility i didnt expect to be given. Really felt part of the team

Great support, looked at my progression path i had written out at the beginning and worked with me.

This is up to you, you can be crazy busy and do 12 hours days or stagger your jobs over a longer period of time. Its entirely up to you.

Huge amounts

Great interpersonal skills gained. Huge corporate exposure.

Started off dull, then as i settled into my role i became more comfortable with my colleagues.

My department organised most of my internship. I rarely needed to be in contact with the main HR team. This was good, because any issues i had were solved quite quickly without having be put in the end of the queue with HR.

My second role at HPE invested more time in me, i think this was because they were a much smaller team and had enough work to give me responsibility for, so i could show them what i could do; and what i couldn't.

Very, there are lots of opportunities at such a large company. Dont think if you get an internship in a department you have to stay in that department. I moved roles after 6months, this was fine. (It isnt the norm though)

There are around 50 interns in Bracknell at HPE. There is an intern committee where you can get involved in all sorts of events, socially and charitable.

Reading was the main area where interns/graduates lived. Its relatively priced considering it is classed as a commutable area for london work.

Reading is town with numerous branded clubs and bars.

If you want a bigger night out, head to London.

Loads, YEN (Your Employee Network) is a committee for a mixture of interns, grads and full timers to get involved with more senior level employees events.