Organise quarterly training events for New Hires into the Security Products Sales team. Ensure all the sales team are updated with new products and version updates. Work closely with the training and education team.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had a slow start in my role, then i was able to get support from various areas of the business. So i could progress into a role that suited me. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at HPE, great opportunities outside of your role too.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Great colleagues. Didnt feel like an intern at all. I was given huge amounts of responsibility i didnt expect to be given. Really felt part of the team
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Great support, looked at my progression path i had written out at the beginning and worked with me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
This is up to you, you can be crazy busy and do 12 hours days or stagger your jobs over a longer period of time. Its entirely up to you.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Great interpersonal skills gained. Huge corporate exposure.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Started off dull, then as i settled into my role i became more comfortable with my colleagues.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My department organised most of my internship. I rarely needed to be in contact with the main HR team. This was good, because any issues i had were solved quite quickly without having be put in the end of the queue with HR.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
My second role at HPE invested more time in me, i think this was because they were a much smaller team and had enough work to give me responsibility for, so i could show them what i could do; and what i couldn't.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very, there are lots of opportunities at such a large company. Dont think if you get an internship in a department you have to stay in that department. I moved roles after 6months, this was fine. (It isnt the norm though)
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are around 50 interns in Bracknell at HPE. There is an intern committee where you can get involved in all sorts of events, socially and charitable.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Reading was the main area where interns/graduates lived. Its relatively priced considering it is classed as a commutable area for london work.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Reading is town with numerous branded clubs and bars.
If you want a bigger night out, head to London.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Loads, YEN (Your Employee Network) is a committee for a mixture of interns, grads and full timers to get involved with more senior level employees events.