Audit Executive at Mazars LLP

Nottingham East Midlands
Accountancy Auditing/Tax

8.5/10

8.6

Auditing the financial statements of clients.

Thoroughly enjoyed the placement - learnt a huge amount and met some great people.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Mazars LLP

There was little sense of hierarchy - open plan office, so juniors could sit with partners! My contributions and thoughts were always listened to.

Given support in abundance. Always offered help and guidance on every job I did.

Perfect balance when out at clients. When the new starters were first in the office it was difficult for the more senior members of staff to give us jobs as we didn't know what we were doing. The balance was much better as we learnt more.

Was thrown straight into it - saw clients in my first proper week and was sent out on my own for clients very early on.

Although Accountancy is not the degree I study, it has certainly given me numerical and computer skills that can help me with my Economics degree. It has given me a great chance to improve my people skills as I am meeting new clients week in, week out.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Mazars LLP

Good banter between all staff members. Never got too lively - it is accountancy after all - but was never dull!

Works exactly as a Grad job - very well organised.

Set up on a training contract to begin the ACA qualification

Was offered the job post-university with them.

Very good social scene - meet with them after work regularly for golf/drinks etc.

Similar to university costs for me.

Nottingham City Centre - good nightlife on the whole.

Plenty of invites to events though these were not frequently attended by many.