E-Business Intern at Cummins

Ramsgate South East
Business Analytics Business Intelligence Business Management E-Business Marketing Voluntary

Cummins is a Top Employer

6.1/10

4.7

Role Purpose
Working within the Global Digital Marketing team as a shared resource to help develop new and existing sales tools that support the overall business objectives.

Responsibilities:
• Effectively support and maintain good relationships with internal stakeholders, partners and external suppliers to ensure productivity
• Support the planning and prioritisation process for digital interactive products.
• Support and develop roadmaps for E-business products / projects.
• Execute E-Business plans and tactics utilising the most effective mix of available resources.
• Work closely with Field Marketing teams to gather business requirements and work to translate them into workable projects with set timelines / goals / objectives.
• Work closely with stakeholders to manage and further develop E-Business products on an ongoing basis.
• Define, implement and manage E-Business processes.
• Gather voice of customer (VOC) to determine requirements for sales tools.

It was good experience and I am glad that I did it. However it did not quite meet my expectations and I think I would have enjoyed my placement more if I had done it elsewhere.

Everyone is friendly and caring and i made a real effort to integrate myself within the community as well as my team. However on a professional level, i often felt that my involvement or contribution was redundant.

I had a lot of support and everyone was very welcoming but I didn't achieve as much personal development and self refinement as I would have liked.

Very busy days and bored day but I'd say more bored than busy. Due to the nature of my project dependant role, time management can be difficult.

I had little meaningful responsibility.

Business is all about managing people and managing yourself. I have had enormous practice in these areas.

Due to the organisational change and amount of redundancies experienced, the atmosphere in the office was often tough and at times, unpleasant. However, despite the dramatic changes and uncertain circumstances, most individuals did their utmost to remain positive.

A well established program.

A lot of extremely valuable third party training as well as the bursary competition and CSR initiatives show they care about your future.

In other site locations, extremely. Cummins' global presence makes them a very attractive employer.

Due to the small size of the community as well as contribution of a particular few individuals, the social aspect was enjoyed but is as good as what you make of it.

As a touristy area, close to the beach, you can always do something for nothing (depending on the time of year).

For a small seaside town, not too bad and close to Canterbury with many more students!

Many, many opportunities both organised internally and externally.