Working within the Global Digital Marketing team as a shared resource to help develop new and existing sales tools that support the overall business objectives.
• Effectively support and maintain good relationships with internal stakeholders, partners and external suppliers to ensure productivity
• Support the planning and prioritisation process for digital interactive products.
• Support and develop roadmaps for E-business products / projects.
• Execute E-Business plans and tactics utilising the most effective mix of available resources.
• Work closely with Field Marketing teams to gather business requirements and work to translate them into workable projects with set timelines / goals / objectives.
• Work closely with stakeholders to manage and further develop E-Business products on an ongoing basis.
• Define, implement and manage E-Business processes.
• Gather voice of customer (VOC) to determine requirements for sales tools.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was good experience and I am glad that I did it. However it did not quite meet my expectations and I think I would have enjoyed my placement more if I had done it elsewhere.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone is friendly and caring and i made a real effort to integrate myself within the community as well as my team. However on a professional level, i often felt that my involvement or contribution was redundant.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had a lot of support and everyone was very welcoming but I didn't achieve as much personal development and self refinement as I would have liked.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very busy days and bored day but I'd say more bored than busy. Due to the nature of my project dependant role, time management can be difficult.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had little meaningful responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Business is all about managing people and managing yourself. I have had enormous practice in these areas.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Due to the organisational change and amount of redundancies experienced, the atmosphere in the office was often tough and at times, unpleasant. However, despite the dramatic changes and uncertain circumstances, most individuals did their utmost to remain positive.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
A well established program.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot of extremely valuable third party training as well as the bursary competition and CSR initiatives show they care about your future.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
In other site locations, extremely. Cummins' global presence makes them a very attractive employer.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Due to the small size of the community as well as contribution of a particular few individuals, the social aspect was enjoyed but is as good as what you make of it.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As a touristy area, close to the beach, you can always do something for nothing (depending on the time of year).
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
For a small seaside town, not too bad and close to Canterbury with many more students!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Many, many opportunities both organised internally and externally.