SSC Intern at The Walt Disney Company

London

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company is a Top Employer

3.9/5

4.5
3.8

Accounting intern for Disney Consumer Products

I really enjoyed my year at Disney.

My team were very friendly from day one were very welcoming. I have made some real friends over the course of my year here.

My manager and supervisor were always nearby to talk to when I needed help and support.

During the first few months I found myself having busy periods and quiet periods each month. Towards the end of my placement I took on more responsibility, but never felt overwhelmed.

While I was responsible for getting work completed on time, I always had someone checking what I was doing when I first started to ensure no mistakes were made. I gained more responsibility later in the year.

I feel like I have learned a lot that will help me in final year. Most of all I believe I developed confidence and communication skills that will help me in my future career.

Everyone is very friendly. The office is very casual and laid back.

The placement seemed very well organised as hey have had many interns over the years, they seem to have a very standard procedure for interns.

The only training I received was from the intern previous to me. She walked me through my role over the course of 4 weeks.

While they do not offer graduate schemes, many interns do return if there is a job available. Previous interns that are liked often get preferential treatment if a vacancy appears.

I became close friends with the other 8 interns in my department, we went out quite regularly for drinks and birthday meals.

Being in London, socialising and rent were very expensive.

Hammersmith has several pubs that people go to frequently, they are expensive but everywhere is that way in London. Some bars have deals specifically for Disney employees.

During my time we went for one team event, however we also did a day volunteering in the community, and frequently went for drinks after work with the team.