GBM Technology Intern - Business Analyst at NatWest Group

City of London Central London and City
Banking - Investment Information Technology Internet/e-Commerce/New Media

NatWest Group is a Top Employer

7.6/10

Helping the team I had been placed with on their current project. This involved testing the system as it was constructed and helping come up with comcepts and ideas for later stages of the project. Also put on intern team throughout the programme in which we were tasked with creating an android phone application for the graduate recruitment team to use.

The work I was given to do was interesting and provided me with a good insight into the workings of the business. At times I had little to do though, although this was more of an individual case dictated by the team I had been placed with. Others on the internship scheme did not have this issue.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at NatWest Group

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Anyone who I asked was happy to talk me through what they did, and how they got to their position in their career. The work I was given to do made me feel I was contributing to the project.

My line manager provided ample support throughout my time on the placement. He also found me one of his colleagues to work with when it became clear there was not enough for me to do on my teams speific project.

Most of the time I had enough to get on with, but there were periods when I had little to do and had to find ways of keeping myself busy.

Little responsibility was given to me by my team. However when I was put on a more individual project, working with one or two colleagues, I felt I had a lot more ownership of the project and felt responsiblity for its results. We were also given full responsibility of our app project, with fortnightly meetings with a mentor being the only supervision.

The work I was doing was not too related to my actual degree, but it has given me a stornger drive to work harder and structure my studies more effectively. It has shown me the goal I am aiming for. Instead of it just being an idea in my head I have seen where I am aiming for and can now focus on achieving it.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at NatWest Group

Good atmosphere, not too stressful. People were very firendly and there is a good social attidtude within the company. People in the office were very friendly and approachable.

Very well organised by the graduate recruitment team. Given a week of valuable training, we had the app project running throughout where we were working just with other interns. There were also several events set up for us to attend, giving insight on all areas of the business. This created a good intern society during our time on the placement, and provided countless valuable networking opportunities.

Given a wek of training at the start of the placement, and provided lots of support and education throughout.

I would definately be happy to come back and work for the organisation. It has demonstrated to me that it would be a very good place to work and the opportunities available are countless.

After meeting everyone on the first week at the training, and with the added need to keep in contact with our android application teams, there was a really good social scene within the interns, especially in my division. We went for weekly drinks and also met up at weekends to do things in and around london.

Central London, so everything was pretty expensive, however the good pay balanced this out.

Central London, so there is so much to do I hardly scratched the surface. Would go out with the other interns at least once a week.

Ther were lots of things like football tournaments and networking events to go to if you chose to. Being such a big company there was always somethign going on.