Summer Intern at NatWest Group

Banking - Investment

NatWest Group is a Top Employer

7.4/10

7.6

- Had a rotation on different desks within the Global Markets division.
- Worked on the Bond Syndicate desk. Tasks included writing daily updates and helping with bond pricing.
- Worked on the Counterparty Exposure Management desk. Tasks included preparing daily update and helping with daily P&L reports.
- Completed a project on the impact analysis of a complete Greek default.

An excellent experience of what the different roles in an investment bank are like. Learnt a lot about the global markets and made me more prepared for a future career in finance.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at NatWest Group

People in RBS are extremely friendly and helpful. This is the thing that makes RBS stand out of the crowd.

My manager set up a lot of meeting sessions with people of different roles on my desk, to help me gain a better understanding of my job. Also, he regularly met me to see my progress on the project.

It's a very interesting time to be in an investment bank, given the turmoil in the market.

As an intern, the responsibility I was given was rather limited, but this was understandable given the sensitivity of the information that I needed to handle.

The course at the start of the internship was very helpful, but more training sessions on Bloomberg and especially Excel will be much appreciated.

Very warm and friendly.

The rotation was great fun.

All those training sessions and networking events are very helpful for my future career.

It is a difficult time as many banks are cutting jobs. The employment prospect is not so clear at the moment.

We often had dinner together or hang out after work.

It is expensive to live in central London.

Not really concerned with that.

We still have the weekends free.