Vac Scheme at CMS

Legal/Law

9.6/10

I enjoyed my placement very much. It was a great learning experience and allowed me to get a more rounded view of CMS and its culture. Highly recommended it.

Everyone was vey helpful and appreciated the work I was doing. My supervisor provided me with a regular feedback as well.

My trainee buddy was always ready to answer any questions I might have. Even trainees, associates and partners from other teams asked me whether I am enjoying it and provided guidance on the firm and basic every day stuff such as where to go for nice coffee or lunch.

I have learnt a lot for these two weeks. I have build up on my commercial awareness, my presentation skills and my people skills. I was lucky enough to go to a client event where I spoke to clients and associates from CMS IP department. This helped me to strengthen my ability to communicate with people and also developed my understanding about ongoing issues in the technology sector.

Very well structured - there was a good balance between social events, presentations and work.

CMS is a very social firm. People I genuinely friendly and ready to chat about the firm.

I went to two different training events while on the vac scheme. The firm really places a lot of emphasis on training and development.

The experience was very helpful indeed. Now, I have a clearer understanding of what commercial legal work entails. Also, know a lot more about what type of work do trainees undertake.

The insight is very helpful in terms of understanding the CMS culture and the firm's values.

3 events