Shadowing a trainee and an associate for two weeks learning about all things CMS!
1. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
The insight was extremely enjoyable. It was an excellent combination of a broad summary and precise focus of CMS.
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
I felt incredibly valued at CMS. I was given work that would be reviewed and then sent to clients and felt that I was not just being asked to do menial tasks.
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
I did receive a lot of support in terms of the general practice of law - i.e. from partner presentations and general information about the firm. My department was extremely nice, however it was incredibly busy so I did not receive that much guidance. However, this was useful in some ways as it allowed me to work independently and learn a lot from my own work.
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
5. How well structured was the insight?
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
The general atmosphere was really fantastic. Everybody was super friendly, there was no hierarchy or unpleasant personalities, and everything that is said in the CMS literature was extremely accurate.
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
10. How valuable was the content of the day in helping you to decide on your future career path?
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?