The lawyers I was working with made a fantastic effort in integrating me with the team and showing me the actual business of law as opposed to insight simply into how law is practiced.
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
Every member of the department introduced themselves to me and took an active interest in my background and what I was hoping to gain from the placement. Throughout my time there, they ensured that I was kept busy but was not overwhelmed.
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
The regular partner lectures, trainee chats and grad rec exercises ensured that I was constantly kept informed of what the firm expected of me both in my work and in my interview. The lawyers in my pod also made an effort to ensure that I had all my questions answered before starting any tasks
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
5. How well structured was the insight?
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
10. How valuable was the content of the day in helping you to decide on your future career path?
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?