Purchasing Placement at Cummins

Accountancy Business Analytics Purchasing and Supply

Cummins is a Top Employer

9.0/10

9.6

• Learn basic Purchasing terminology including Legal, Contractual terms and the application of these in Supply Agreements.
• Undertake management of low value direct material supplier accounts.
• Work with Supply Managers to identify and support Purchasing Projects such as cost reduction projects, negotiation & delivery performance.
• Understand the cross functional relationship with other departments such as Materials, Engineering & Manufacturing and other Cummins Generator Technology (CGT) Plants to achieve cost, quality and delivery improvements.
• Understand the day to day function of the Purchasing Department and the key procedures and practices including legal and Corporate compliance initiatives.
• Monitor and assess supplier performance, supporting supplier audits and PPAP approval.
• Gaining an understanding of engineering drawings, specifications and approval processes.
• Provide support to the Plant Purchasing Manager in the production and delivery of management reports and presentations.
• Acquire knowledge on Alternators products, manufacturing processes and CGT global business areas.
• Participation in EEEC activity and Affinity Groups.

I have highly enjoyed my placement year here at CGT Stamford.

I have gained mass product knowledge about the Stamford range, taken on several projects contributing to the purchasing objectives.

Understood the purchasing function in a manufacturing environment and understood the importance of the role on the company's Success.

Great kick start to my career as I have gained / developed valuable skills and would love to have the opportunity to come back as a graduate!

I was treated like a valuable core member of the team.

I was given support and guidance at all times when I needed support.

I was busy most of the time as I was involved in several projects.

Cummins exceeded those expectations as I was able to become project leader for a number of projects and also carry out some sourcing manager roles.

The admin work I was required to do added value to the business as they prepared the ground works for projects and negotiations for Sourcing Managers.

Interpersonal skills.

Friendly and live.

The placement programme is well thought-out.

Project Management training course.

Supply Chain Academy Training.

I have been offered to come back based on my performance.

Yes, however social events were limited due to being based in Stamford.

Rent 100 p/w

Okay... just what you'd expect from a posh little town!

Company Football