IT Business Analyst at Cummins

Business Intelligence Computer and Systems Engineering Computer Science

Cummins is a Top Employer

7.7/10

9.7

I could not have asked for a better Placement Year. The work was varied and enjoyable.

The team made me feel very welcome from the first day. The more I showed them I could do, the more they would give me to do. If I was ever unsure about anything, they would be on - hand to offer support.

My Manager was always on - hand to offer their support throughout my Placement Year. My Placement Mentor would check in with me at the very least every few days to see how I was getting on.

The amount of work varied from day to day; sometimes there was quite a lot to do, other times there was not a lot to do. Nonetheless, overall, there was always something to keep me busy during working hours.

As mentioned above, the more I showed my team what I could do, the more they would give me to do, as long as I was comfortable with it. I have been able to lead the roll out of new software across the site, which clearly shows how much responsibility I was given.

Working with software and systems that are industry - standard and as such are therefore skills for life. Learnt time management and organisation skills too.

The office was a great environment - everybody is always in a good mood and happy to help each other out. The teams are very friendly.

The placement was well - organised, but looking back at the list of induction topics I could have covered, there were a number of areas that I could have had further training in. Given the projects going on though, this was not entirely practicable.

Unfortunately, I was not able to pursue any industry - recognised qualifications, nor was there time available for much in the way of formal training courses. However there are dedicated websites set up for training that I was able to go through in my own time, which was helpful.

Not too sure as the site I work at does not appear to take graduates formally for in our area.

Placement Students often arranged nights out with each other.