1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I could not have asked for a better Placement Year. The work was varied and enjoyable.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The team made me feel very welcome from the first day. The more I showed them I could do, the more they would give me to do. If I was ever unsure about anything, they would be on - hand to offer support.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My Manager was always on - hand to offer their support throughout my Placement Year. My Placement Mentor would check in with me at the very least every few days to see how I was getting on.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The amount of work varied from day to day; sometimes there was quite a lot to do, other times there was not a lot to do. Nonetheless, overall, there was always something to keep me busy during working hours.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As mentioned above, the more I showed my team what I could do, the more they would give me to do, as long as I was comfortable with it. I have been able to lead the roll out of new software across the site, which clearly shows how much responsibility I was given.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Working with software and systems that are industry - standard and as such are therefore skills for life. Learnt time management and organisation skills too.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office was a great environment - everybody is always in a good mood and happy to help each other out. The teams are very friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was well - organised, but looking back at the list of induction topics I could have covered, there were a number of areas that I could have had further training in. Given the projects going on though, this was not entirely practicable.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Unfortunately, I was not able to pursue any industry - recognised qualifications, nor was there time available for much in the way of formal training courses. However there are dedicated websites set up for training that I was able to go through in my own time, which was helpful.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Not too sure as the site I work at does not appear to take graduates formally for in our area.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Placement Students often arranged nights out with each other.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?