Working with products and configuring them with interaction of all departments and getting tools into the company sales tool.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The team that I worked with made the year more pleasurable, they were helpful and gave great insight.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I think I was given complete ownership for my tasks, I didn't feel like I was a student but felt more like a staff member as I was trusted with my work and given independence.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Had bi-weekly 1 to 1 sessions to discuss how work was going and how everything was socially, open door policy with senior members of the team to ask for help or support.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
throughout the year I can confidently say that only a few days near Christmas was when i wasn't busy but on most days i was busy with work and if i had finished any work quickly then i would ask for more or find some tasks to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given more that i though i would have. I was taking leadership roles for many tasks and projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
These skills that i have enhanced will more that help with my degree as I took theory from my years at study and used them in a practical manner.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
For the first 6 months i was sitting in another building where my immediate team was more closer so i felt more at home with balanced noise levels. next 6 months i moved to another area where the team was more spread but the office had other departments with more noise level.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement year was structured very well as I was part of the 6th year of placements, the focus was high on placements with great promotion from study state to work state.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They had many training sessions that were for learning about business as well as people outside the business who helped us with enhancing general work and interpersonal skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The graduate scheme looks great and would be something that i want to be a part of and generally progression in ranks seems possible.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
there were many chances to socialise such as birthday events and Christmas, Halloween and even general weekends with good planning to set up events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
cost of living was pretty high, general area was good but not many things to do apart from go to the beach but only good in the summer.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
the nightlife was better in other areas, as the area close to work was pretty quiet.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
there were plenty of opportunities as there was sport such as basketball, football and badminton and even local gyms.