product configuration business analyst at Cummins

Ramsgate South East
Business Analytics Business Intelligence Business Management Customer Service Engineering Mathematics/Statistics

Cummins is a Top Employer

8.5/10

Working with products and configuring them with interaction of all departments and getting tools into the company sales tool.

The team that I worked with made the year more pleasurable, they were helpful and gave great insight.

I think I was given complete ownership for my tasks, I didn't feel like I was a student but felt more like a staff member as I was trusted with my work and given independence.

Had bi-weekly 1 to 1 sessions to discuss how work was going and how everything was socially, open door policy with senior members of the team to ask for help or support.

throughout the year I can confidently say that only a few days near Christmas was when i wasn't busy but on most days i was busy with work and if i had finished any work quickly then i would ask for more or find some tasks to do.

I was given more that i though i would have. I was taking leadership roles for many tasks and projects.

These skills that i have enhanced will more that help with my degree as I took theory from my years at study and used them in a practical manner.

For the first 6 months i was sitting in another building where my immediate team was more closer so i felt more at home with balanced noise levels. next 6 months i moved to another area where the team was more spread but the office had other departments with more noise level.

The placement year was structured very well as I was part of the 6th year of placements, the focus was high on placements with great promotion from study state to work state.

They had many training sessions that were for learning about business as well as people outside the business who helped us with enhancing general work and interpersonal skills.

The graduate scheme looks great and would be something that i want to be a part of and generally progression in ranks seems possible.

there were many chances to socialise such as birthday events and Christmas, Halloween and even general weekends with good planning to set up events.

cost of living was pretty high, general area was good but not many things to do apart from go to the beach but only good in the summer.

the nightlife was better in other areas, as the area close to work was pretty quiet.

there were plenty of opportunities as there was sport such as basketball, football and badminton and even local gyms.